Tuesday, September 13, 2011

E's and Elephants







On Monday we worked a lot on the letter of the week- "E". We talked about the different sounds that it makes. Then we had an activity where the kids got to choose an object out of a bowl full of objects that started with the letter "e" and figure out if it made the long or short "e" sound. They are starting to be able to hear the difference. Then we worked on writing "E" and "e" and talked about why we have two different ways to write each letter. They did really well writing upper case "E"s and were doing their best trying to master the lower case- they are hard! Next we read a story about our theme- elephants, and then pretended to be elephants by eating peanuts (and since I know a certain child that doesn't like peanuts, we had circus peanuts too.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Zane told me that in the bowl was "that stuff that you have on your underwear" and I was so confused. Then I remembered the letter was E and figured out elastic was what he meant. He also enjoyed the circus peanuts and was amazed when I told him I used to eat them when I was a kid. Great fun!